Wednesday 15 November 2023
This event has finished.
Started 18:00 PM
Finished 21:00 PM
Organized by Pipedrive Talks Lisbon
Address: Atrium Saldanha,Nº1 piso 4, fração E
Praça Duque de Saldanha, 1
About this event***Event:***
We would like to invite you to our last Lisbon Pipedrive Engineering Meetup for 2023!
In this event, we will have another episode on the ongoing quest that different companies have taken in order to achieve Engineering Excellence. Different companies follow different paths, there isn’t a single way to reach it, and no silver bullet.
In this episode, we will dive into the several aspects of software delivery including how to elevate the development experience of software teams, the creation of a culture of quality through software testing, and how to achieve top-notch service performance in ever-growing software companies.
We will be having three different talks, followed by a networking session, have some 🍕 and 🍺 while exchanging ideas and engaging with the community.
***Talks & Speakers:***
🔈 **Talk 1** — **Redefining Pipedrive DX: From Local to Cloud Dev Environment in One Year**
* *Diogo Correia, Engineering Product Manager — Pipedrive*
* In one year, Pipedrive shifted from an inefficient local setup to a robust cloud-based development environment. Diogo will delve into the strategies deployed by our DevOps Tooling team to reduce waste, increase efficiency, and simplify the development process. Learn how we did it and what you can apply for your own teams.
🔈 **Talk 2 — Testing strategies, tooling, and fear of the unknown**
* *Giovanna Faso, VP of Engineering Operations & Ibrahim Azzam, Staff Quality Engineer — Dashlane*
* As companies scale, they start becoming more formal about their testing practices. Some embark on a “TDD or go home” practice whilst others prefer to use softer tactics of incentivizing a culture of quality. Regardless of which way this goes, all respectable companies of a certain size need a Testing Strategy in place. When to test, how to test it, and with what repercussions, is the bare minimum strategy needed, but building consensus around one and making sure it is adopted is where most of your efforts will go. Giovanna and Ibrahim will share how Dashlane has done it, navigate us through some variations, and share our pitfalls and successes with you.
🔈 **Talk 3 — PandaDoc’s Application Performance Journey: Elevating to higher standards**
* *Eduard Romanovskiy, Senior Engineering Manager — Pandadoc*
* The PandaDoc application has a rather complex UI logic, including online collaborative editing and thousands of scenarios. It is very easy to degrade the speed of some of these scenarios. Eduard will cover how PandaDoc improved the speed of the key scenarios threefold, what tools have been used for it, and the challenges we faced. In addition, he will share how we maintain such a level of performance and do not degrade during new contributions.
18:00 – 🍕 Doors open, food and drinks ready
18:30 – 🔈 Talk 1 by Diogo Correia, Engineering Product Manager at Pipedrive
19:00 – 🔈 Talk 2 by Giovanna Faso & Ibrahim Azzam, VP of Engineering Operations and Staff Quality Engineer at Dashlane
19:30 – 🔈 Talk 3 by Eduard Romanovskiy, Senior Engineering Manager at Pandadoc
20:00 – 🍻 More food and drinks, networking
The Meetup will happen in the **new Pipedrive office at Saldanha!**
The presentations will start promptly at 18:30.
At *Pipedrive* we love building great products while having fun doing it!
It all started with a five-person team
This page last updated Tuesday 14 November 2023 at 19:10.
Problems? Report an error or inappropriate listing here.
Information displayed here is provided in good faith but we are not responsible for the content of any listing. Sometimes events can be cancelled or changed at short notice. Please check with the venue or organizer before you travel!