The Quest for Engineering Excellence: Microservices and Automation
Tuesday 20 June 2023
Starts 18:00 PM
Finishes 21:00 PM
Organized by Pipedrive Talks Lisbon
Venue: OurOffice Saldanha
Address: Avenida Casal Ribeiro
About this event***Event:***
We would like to invite you to our first Lisbon Pipedrive Engineering Meetup for 2023!
In this event, we will look at the quest different companies have taken in order to achieve Engineering Excellence. The truth is, there isn’t a single path to reach it and no silver bullet.
So, we will dive into the Microservices world from different angles, including architectural design, Microservices continuous delivery, automation and how to achieve service efficiency in ever-growing software companies.
We will be having three different talks, followed by a networking session, have some 🍕 and 🍺 while exchanging ideas and engaging with the community.
***Talks & Speakers:***
🔈 **Talk 1 — *Autotuner Saga: Automating Kubernetes Resource Allocation***
* *Nelson Gomes, Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Pipedrive*
* Nelson will talk about the journey Pipedrive went through to automate resource management in Kubernetes clusters across several data centers and hundreds of services to improve service efficiency and reduce costs. Learn how we handle scaled vs non-scaled services and what problems we ran into.
🔈 **Talk 2 — *Applying strategic Domain Driven Design for better Microservice boundaries***
* *Ivan Padabed, Director in Platform Architecture at PandaDoc*
* Ivan will present how strategic Domain Driven Design (DDD) offers techniques to analyze and model domains at a higher level, enabling the identification of bounded contexts and their corresponding microservices. By aligning strategic DDD with microservice architecture, organizations can achieve great alignment with business goals and enhance the overall system design. In this talk, we will touch on the evolution, legacy/monolithic systems, org engineering and Conway law.
🔈 **Talk 3 — *Harnessing the Power of On-Demand Github Action Runners***
* *Jorge Claro, DevOps Engineer at Critical Techworks*
* Jorge will share about how Critical Techworks (CTW) managed to provide on-demand GitHub Action (GHA) runners using AWS infrastructure, leveraging dynamic scalability and cost optimization. An in-depth overview of the lifecycle, infrastructure, and user-friendly experience it offers to developer teams.
18:00 – 🍕 Doors open, food and drinks ready
18:30 – 🔈 Talk 1 by Nelson Gomes, Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Pipedrive
19:00 – 🔈 Talk 2 by Ivan Padabed, Director in Platform Architecture at PandaDoc
19:30 – 🔈 Talk 3 by Jorge Claro, DevOps Engineer at Critical Techworks
20:00 – 🍻 More food and drinks, networking
The Meetup will happen in the **IDEA Space Saldanha (not the Pipedrive office)**. The presentations will start promptly at 18:30.
**The IDEA Space is limited to** **60 people (maximum).** So make sure you secure your spot when possible!
At *Pipedrive* we love building great products while having fun doing it!
It all started with a five people team to a truly international company of over 900 people, representing more than 50 nationalities with ten offices distributed across Europe and the US.
We work daily for being the **#1 sales-first CRM** and intelligent revenue manageme
This page last updated Friday 2 June 2023 at 11:37.
Problems? Report an error or inappropriate listing here.
Information displayed here is provided in good faith but we are not responsible for the content of any listing. Sometimes events can be cancelled or changed at short notice. Please check with the venue or organizer before you travel!