Thursday 29 September 2022
Starts 18:30 PM
Finishes 20:30 PM
Organized by Le Wagon Lisbon | Coding Bootcamp
Venue: Le Wagon Lisbon
Address: Rua do Conde de Redondo 91B
About this eventDSPT is coming back to Lisbon and we are super excited to see you after all this time! In this Meetup at Le Wagon Lisboa we will examine how advertising monetization, driven by a data science approach, works and explore how it can lead to increased game revenue without impacting user retention.
• 18.30h - 19.00h: Welcome and get together
• 19.00h - 19.30h: Talk + Q&A: “**Effective Mobile Ads with AI**” - Pedro Monteiro & João Satiro
• 19.40h - 19.45h: Group photo
• 19.45h - 20:30h: Breakout Sessions: Networking/Coffee Break
• 20.30h: Closing
• 20.45h: Dinner ([Olá Nepal](https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ol%C3%A1+Nepalemail@example.com,-9.1470169,15z/data=!3m1!5s0xd193377d1327e1b:0xaa3c8e1df78ac266!4m5!3m4!1s0xd193377d6ce88ef:0x3f8ea5ac9ee128a0!8m2!3d38.7253798!4d-9.1459457?shorturl=1)) is optional but it might be an excellent opportunity for networking (register [here](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduI-W6InnAzsD_JStYqYntOfrl5anPrmia7z8o50aRGDrxcw/viewform))
Make sure to save a place as there are limited seats available.
See you there!
Developing a data-driven strategy capable of monetizing advertising technology at scale can create a financially prospering mobile game. That strategy, however, cannot propose showing ads too aggressively since it would negatively impact the users’ game experience.
This talk will examine how advertising monetization, driven by a data science approach, works and explore how it can lead to increased game revenue without impacting user retention.
Pedro is a Senior Data Scientist at Miniclip. He devotes his time researching new machine learning models to provide users with an enhanced game experience. Pedro has also worked at CapGemini in London, creating tools to define their clients’ digital marketing strategy through data mining. Before being a data scientist, he received a PhD in Physics from the University of Cambridge, since then he hasn’t been able to stop looking for Physics in all data he encounters.
Seven years of professional experience and love for gaming led João Satiro to develop solutions for advertising data products at Miniclip, where he is a Senior Data Scientist.
Before his work at Miniclip, he worked as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer and Image Processing Engineer in several different industries.
His work mainly focused in developing and deploying machine learning models for use cases such as image segmentation, customer churn prediction, client behaviour clustering or customer purchases prediction, feeding his satisfaction for creating value from data.
This page last updated Tuesday 20 September 2022 at 17:46.
Problems? Report an error or inappropriate listing here.
Information displayed here is provided in good faith but we are not responsible for the content of any listing. Sometimes events can be cancelled or changed at short notice. Please check with the venue or organizer before you travel!